We Buy Cars Ireland site operated and owned by Kearys Carstore and is a part of a larger company group Kearys Motor Group.
Kearys Motor Group is committed to protecting your privacy and personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 legislation at all times.
This privacy statement describes what personal data we will collect and how we will use the data that we collect from you when you engage with any of our dealerships, websites either online or offline communication.
We will always offer you a clear and easy way to remove yourself from our database should you decide that you no longer wish to receive our marketing offers and communication
We may make changes to our Privacy Statement; these changes will be made to our Privacy statement and uploaded onto our website.
Collecting personal information and data
We may collect and store personal data that we have collected from you either on paper, electronically or both.
We collect personal data from:
- The information that you provide to us when using our website (including your title, name, telephone numbers, address, email address, date of birth and any employment details, date and time that you used our website, IP Address, GPS location when shared, website used to enquire and click path, etc.)
- The information relating to any appraisal, sale or purchase you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made either in our Dealership premises, over the telephone or via any of our electronic means (including your title, name, telephone numbers, postal address, email address, Personal Identification, date of birth, residential status, time at address, gender etc. including details, these payment details will only be kept for the transaction consented to and then would be erased/destroyed)
- Vehicle information you provide to us including registration, mileage, service dates and history, existing finance.
- All our inbound and outbound telephone calls are recorded for quality and training purposes.
- All our premises are monitored by CCTV recordings.
- As part of our Covid-19 health & safety protocols, as of 11thMay 2020, Keary Motor Group is operating a geothermal temperature check of all staff, customers and guests at all premises. This monitor will alert if a person shows over 38 degrees Celsius. This information is kept on record for 30 days.
Processing personal data
Kearys will process your data based on the lawful grounds listed below:
- You have given us your clear consent to process your personal data for a specific purpose or
- The personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, which may include:
- To fulfil our contractual responsibilities to you to complete the transaction that you have entered into.
- To send you any updates about Kearys Motor Group via post and email. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require communication.
- To send you relevant and targeted marketing communications including new and exclusive offers.
- To obtain customer service feedback about the services that Kearys have provided to you.
Disclosing personal data.
Kearys work closely with our manufacturer partners and third-party suppliers who fulfil business activities for us. As We Buy Cars Ireland is a part of our larger group Kearys Motor Group and Kearys Carstore we may disclose your personal data to any member of Kearys Motor Group, third party suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing, we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing).
We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information, to the extent that we are required to do so by law, in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings, In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
See detailed list below:
- We will share data to other Government bodies or agencies where we are required to do so by law including the Revenue Commissioners, CVRT and NCT offices.
- We may share data with providers of automotive and CRM solutions e.g., CITnow, ASA, Jaid Solutions approach, Cohere, Motordat, Enquiry Max, Eskimo Software, Mapfre, Global, GardX, Autoprotect, CDK Global, Equity manager, Emaster, Vehicle Vision, Three60, EasyMapMaker and service plan providers e.g. Emac.
- We may share data with Authorized Collection Agents and recovery companies e.g. Recovery Ireland, Air Trans, JD recovery and Fitzpatrick’s recovery, Insurance Companies and Motor Assessors,
- If you purchase your car through finance, we will share your data with finance and leasing companies, Renault Bank, RCI, Bank of Ireland, Lombard, First Citizen, First Auto, Bluestone, AIB, Alphera, Igard, Close Brothers Motor Finance, etc.
- We may share data with marketing third parties e.g. Mail Chimp, Sendmode, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, Dealer Marketing, Phoenix, Gubagoo, Trustpilot, Contact At Once, NetDirector, Gforces.
Kearys may share your data with the companies above however please note:
- We do not sell any personal data to any third parties.
- All phone calls are recorded for quality and training purposes, recordings will not be shared outside of Kearys Motor Group, Phone systems are maintained by Itomic and IT systems are maintained by PFH.
- All our premises are monitored by CCTV cameras for security purposes in our legitimate interest, our security systems are maintained by Netwatch, Catch, Sentinel and G4S.
Security of personal data and retention
- We will take all reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure servers and on our dealer management systems managed by CDK Global and Motordat.
- We regularly review our personal data retention policy and will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request, upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming your identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible, within 30 days. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data, we will do so within 30 days.
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold, we will do so within 30 days.
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes, we will do so within 30 days.
Geothermal Temperature Check
As part of our COVID-19 health & safety protocols, as of 11th May 2020, Kearys Motor Group is operating a geothermal temperature check of all staff, customers and guests at all premises. This system will alert if an individual records a temperature above 38° Celsius. Kearys Motor Group reserve the right to refuse any individual who records a temperature above 38°C entry to the premises. This information is held on record for a period of 30 days for contract tracing purposes.
Your display preferences, such as contrast colour settings or font size
Help us to know how you use our sites, and make the content shown more relevant to your interests and needs. None of the cookies used on our websites collect information that personally identifies you.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Kearys of Cork is registered as a Data Controller with the Data Protection Commissioner Ref No. 14054/A.
It is important to us that personal data we hold about you is accurate.
Please keep us informed of any changes to your personal data.
To exercise your rights (As detailed above) or if you have any specific data questions please contact our Data Protection Officer on the details below:
By email – firstname.lastname@example.org
By Post: Kearys of Cork, Togher Industrial Estate, Cork T12E973
By telephone: 021 4910700